Office of Statistics, Information Technology and Communications
This office is currently active as a subdivision for Office of Statistics, Information Technology and Communications. Statistics and information have always been the center of attention for managers.
Statistics and information are preferred to other methods of data collecting since there could be no partiality in statistics and it represents facts not people through numbers and charts.
It is an undeniable fact that wrong statistic analysis may result in making inappropriate decisions but it is also true that a manager can guarantee his decision making and stop errors by using statistics and information in a right way.
Currently, the main problem in the Office of Statistics lies within the mass data being unused. It is a management principle that available data and information inside an organization are its memory whose loss causes the instability of the organization.
This office was previously known as The Office of Statistics, Mechanical Services and Medical Broadcasting and a subdivision for the office of Vice-President for Education and Research. It is currently supervised by the office of the President.
Major activities in this center are divided into 5 categories:
- Network & Internet;
- Observing and executing IT projects.
- Broadcasting and preserving university network;
- Preserving and developing fiber network, remote connections, university homepage and connections related to E-Journals;
- Advising on computer purchases;
- Installing Local Networks;
- Repairing and preserving all hardware equipment in the management office;
- Creating a strong, reliable and safe Backbone to connect all relevant units inside and outside the university;
- Completing local networks in all units and sections to support network access of all faculty members, students, and personnel;
- Providing facilities and information to increase the use of the university network;
- Developing the Website;
- Providing high-speed internet connections.